1. Material options
- Heavy-gauge hot-dip galvanized steel is used for external unit steel panels and structural elements featuring Baltiplus Corrosion Protection.
- The unique Baltibond hybrid coating is an optional extra. A hybrid polymer coating for longer service life, applied pre-assembly to all hot-dip galvanized steel components of the unit.
- Optional stainless steel panels and structural elements of type 304L or 316L for extreme applications.
- Or the economical alternative: a water-contact stainless steel cold water basin. Its key components and the basin itself are stainless steel. The rest is protected with the Baltibond hybrid coating.
2. Heat transfer media
- Our heat transfer media is a condensing coil. Its thermal performance is proven during comprehensive lab thermal performance tests, and it offers you unrivalled system efficiency.
- The coil is constructed of prime surface steel, hot-dip galvanized after fabrication. Designed for maximum 23 bar operating pressure according to PED. Pneumatically tested at 34 bar.
All hot dip galvanized and stainless steel coils are delivered with BAC's Internal Coil Corrosion Protection, to ensure an optimal internal corrosion protection and guaranteed quality.
Try our Vertex coil options:
- Multiple circuit coils (split coils) for your halo carbon refrigerants, maintaining individual compressor systems. Or use it for compressor jacket water or glycol cooling.
- Stainless steel coils are in type 304L or 316L.
- High pressure coils are designed for 28 bar operating pressure and pneumatically tested for 40 bar. Hot-dip galvanized after fabrication.
All coils are designed for low pressure drop with sloping tubes for free drainage of fluid.
3. Air movement system
- The air movement system consists of multiple, belt driven axial fans. You can easily remove the entire motor base for proper belt tensioning to ensure constantly correct belt alignment. Together with the heavy duty fan shaft bearings this guarantees optimal operational efficiency. Single and multi speed are available.
- Drift eliminators come in UV-resistant plastic, which will not rot, decay or decompose and their performance is tested and certified by Eurovent. They are assembled in easily handled and removable sections, for easy inspection of the water distribution sytem.
Steel drift eliminators, protected with the unique Baltibond hybrid coating for optimal corrosion protection, are also available for specific applications.
4. Water distribution system
These consist of:
Spray branches with wide non-clog plastic nozzles, secured by rubber grommets. You can easily remove, clean and flush both nozzles and spray branches from outside the unit.
A sloping cold water basin with:
Strainers which are easy to lift out and the anti-vortexing device also helps to stop trapped air
Man-sized rectangular access door.
- A close couple, bronze fitted centrifugal spray pump with totally enclosed fan cooled (TEFC) motor, installed horizontally to reduce the basin water volume. Water treatment system connections in the pump piping and cold water basin are provided as standard.
The bottom of the coil is easily to inspect via the man-sized rectangular access door and the optional internal walkway. They provide full access to all components of the lower section without the need to drain the complete pan section, thus making it quick and safe to inspect and maintain the system.
Like to know more about the Vertex construction details? Contact your local BAC representative.